Monday, April 15, 2024
Google search engine
HomeAuslandConflict in the Near East: Attempted Car Assault near Hebron - Attacker...

Conflict in the Near East: Attempted Car Assault near Hebron – Attacker Shot

German Citizen Killed in Battles in the Gaza Strip

17.10 PM: An Israeli soldier, who also holds the German citizenship, has been killed in battles in the Gaza Strip. “We were informed by the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) that unfortunately a German national is among the casualties of the fighting in Gaza,” said the Foreign Office on Wednesday. The embassy in Tel Aviv is in contact with the relatives. Earlier, Bild-Zeitung had reported.

According to Israeli media reports, the 20-year-old was severely injured in the head during battles in the southern Gaza Strip last Thursday. He reportedly died a few days later in an Israeli hospital.

The trigger for the Gaza war was the worst massacre in the history of Israel, which terrorists of Hamas and other extremist groups had committed on October 7 in Israel. Israel responded with massive air strikes and began a ground offensive at the end of October. According to army reports, 466 Israeli soldiers have died since the beginning of the war, 133 of them in battles in the Gaza Strip.

Israel: Attempted Car Assault near Hebron – Attacker Shot

Wednesday, December 20, 1:19 PM: According to the Palestinian Ministry of Health, Israeli soldiers have killed a 27-year-old man near Hebron in the West Bank. The Israeli army announced on Wednesday that the driver of a car had been “neutralized” after a ramming attack at a junction. The army did not specify whom or what the suspected attacker intended to ram with his car. Israeli media reported that the man had tried to run over Israeli soldiers. According to the army, no one was injured in the incident.

The situation in the West Bank has escalated since the beginning of the Gaza war after the Hamas massacre on October 7. According to the Ministry of Health, 290 Palestinians have been killed since then. According to the ministry, a total of 486 Palestinians have died in Israeli military operations in the West Bank, in confrontations, or in their own attacks since the beginning of the year.

Defense Minister Joav Galant: Israel to Expand Ground Offensive in the Gaza Strip

21.10 PM: According to reports, Israel’s Defense Minister Joav Galant intends to expand the Israeli ground offensive to other areas in the Gaza Strip. Galant did not specify which places he meant, according to Israeli media on Tuesday. The “Times of Israel” speculated that he could be referring to the center of the Gaza Strip or the city of Rafah in the south of the coastal area, where the border crossing to Egypt is located. According to the reports, Chan Junis in the south of the Gaza Strip has become the “new capital of terror,” Galant said.

Humanitarian organizations are already speaking of a “humanitarian catastrophe.” According to the Palestinian Relief and Works Agency UNRWA, almost 1.9 out of the 2.2 million people within the Gaza Strip are displaced – more than 80% of the population. In the war, according to the Health Ministry controlled by the Islamist Hamas, more than 19,600 people have been killed. The information cannot currently be independently verified.

Germany to Support USA in Protecting Ships in the Red Sea

7:49 PM: Following increased attacks by the pro-Iranian Houthi militia on merchant ships in the Red Sea, the German government is reportedly considering participating in a US-led international military coalition to protect maritime trade. “We acknowledge the need to take action here and support the US approach,” according to information.der “Süddeutsche Zeitung” am Dienstag in Regierungskreisen, nach Aussagen aus diesen. Demnach besteht grundsätzliche die “Bereitschaft, sich hier ebenfalls zu beteiligen”. Jetzt müssen “praktische und rechtliche Fragen geklärt werden”.

Laut dem Zeitungsbericht wird für eine solche deutsche Teilnahme nach Einschätzung aus der Bundesregierung und den Koalitionsfraktionen ein Bundestagsmandat benötigt. Sara Nanni, eine Verteidigungspolitikerin der Grünen, brachte die Erweiterung des EU-Mandats für die Antipiraterie-Mission Atalanta als Grundlage ins Spiel.

Es muss auch geklärt werden, ob und wann die Marine passende Schiffe entsenden könnte. Es wäre auch möglich, vorher bereits Stabsoffiziere oder Unterstützungsleistungen zu entsenden.

Huthi-Rebellen: Angriffe werden auch mit neuem US-Bündnis fortgeführt

16.17 Uhr: Die Huthi-Rebellen im Jemen planen, ihre Angriffe auf Schiffe im Roten Meer auch nach der Ankündigung der USA über eine neue Militärallianz in der Region fortzusetzen. Die neue Allianz werde die Rebellen nicht davon abhalten, ihre “Einsätze zur Unterstützung Gazas” fortzusetzen, erklärte Mohammed al-Buchaiti, Mitglied des Politbüros der militanten Huthi-Bewegung. Das von den USA vorgeschlagene Bündnis solle “Israel beschützen und die See ohne jegliche Begründung militarisieren”. Wer auch immer den Konflikt erweitern wolle, müsse “die Konsequenzen seines Handelns tragen”.

Die Huthi-Rebellen haben in den letzten Jahren immer wieder Schiffe in der Meerenge Bab al-Mandab und im Roten Meer angegriffen. Nach Beginn des Gaza-Kriegs bekundeten sie ihre Solidarität mit der islamistischen Hamas und versuchten zunächst, Israel direkt anzugreifen. Ab Mitte November richteten sie ihre Angriffe mit Drohnen und Raketen auf Schiffe mit Israel-Bezug. Inzwischen scheinen auch Schiffe, die keinerlei Verbindung zu Israel haben oder israelische Häfen ansteuern, ins Visier zu geraten.

Angriffe im Roten Meer: USA gründen maritime Sicherheitsinitiative

Dienstag, 19. Dezember 2023, 07.33 Uhr: Angesichts einer zunehmenden Anzahl von Angriffen auf Handelsschiffe im Roten Meer durch die vom Iran unterstützten Huthi-Rebellen verstärkt das US-Militär in der Region seine Zusammenarbeit mit den Streitkräften anderer Länder. An der neuen Sicherheitsinitiative mit dem Namen “Operation Prosperity Guardian” beteiligen sich nach Angaben aus dem US-Verteidigungsministerium in Washington mehrere Länder, darunter das Vereinigte Königreich, Bahrain, Kanada, Frankreich, Italien, die Niederlande, Norwegen, die Seychellen und Spanien. Durch die verstärkte Kooperation zwischen den Seestreitkräften soll der Schutz von Handelsschiffen verbessert werden.

Die Huthi-Rebellen im Jemen attackieren seit Ausbruch des Gaza-Krieges Schiffe im Roten Meer mit Drohnen und Raketen und versuchen, deren Passage in Richtung Israel zu verhindern. Sie drohen damit, Schiffe jeglicher Nationalität an der Durchfahrt im Roten Meer nach Israel zu hindern. Nur Frachtern, die Hilfsgüter für den Gazastreifen bringen, werde die Durchfahrt gewährt. Seitdem wurden mehrere Schiffe angegriffen, zuletzt auch ein Containerfrachter der deutschen Reederei Hapag-Lloyd. Große Reedereien meiden zunehmend die Route durch das Rote Meer und den Suezkanal.

Der US-Verteidigungsminister Lloyd Austin, der sich derzeit in der Region aufhält, erklärte, es handle sich um eine internationale Herausforderung.sterben fordern festigen rücksichtslos leiten Bedrohen das Völkerrecht Verschiffen wichtige überqueren Alternative Hilfestellungen enthalten bestätigt Delegation
Die Verwendung von HTML-Tags und das Seitenlayout bleiben unverändert.

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -
Google search engine

Most Popular

Recent Comments