Monday, April 22, 2024
Google search engine
HomeAuslandUkraine-Krieg - Meinungen und Veränderungen: ZDF-Newspeople injuried during Russian onslaught on Kharkiv

Ukraine-Krieg – Meinungen und Veränderungen: ZDF-Newspeople injuried during Russian onslaught on Kharkiv

90 Russian drone attacks on New Year’s Eve

Monday, January 1, 2024, 09:30 a.m.: Russia reportedly bombarded Ukraine on New Year’s Eve with a record 90 combat drones, according to Kyiv. According to Ukrainian Air Force Chief Mykola Oleschtschuk, 87 of them were intercepted nationwide, as he announced on Telegram Monday morning. This is almost double the number of unmanned aerial vehicles shot down compared to the previous New Year’s Eve, when a total of 45 were downed.

In the southern Black Sea region of Odessa, at least one person was killed and three others injured in an attack on a residential area, according to military governor Oleh Kiper. Additionally, there were damages to the port. In Lwiw in the west of Ukraine, a museum is said to have been destroyed. According to the Ukrainian Air Force, the Russian Army also attacked the regions of Kherson and Zaporizhzhia in the south, as well as Kharkiv in the east with missiles.

This is the second New Year’s Eve that the entire Ukraine has experienced in war, after Russia invaded the neighboring country on February 24, 2022. Just a few days ago, Ukrainians experienced the heaviest bombardment since the beginning of the war, during which at least 27 people were reportedly killed in the capital, Kyiv.

Putin: “There is no force that could divide us”

14:31: Russian President Vladimir Putin called for unity and perseverance among the Russians at the turn of the year. “We have shown more than once that we can solve the most difficult tasks and never back down, because there is no force that could divide us,” said the Kremlin chief in his televised address. It was first broadcast in the Russian Far East as the regions of Chukotka and Kamchatka welcomed the new year. The address will then be shown in each subsequent time zone of the giant empire shortly before midnight, until Moscow, the capital, is on at 10:00 p.m. CET.

For the Russians, this is the second New Year’s celebration in the war ordered by Putin against neighboring Ukraine. On the eve of the New Year, there were a large number of casualties among Russian civilians with more than 20 deaths in Belgorod on the border with Ukraine. However, the president did not address this at the appearance against the backdrop of the wintry Kremlin. His spokesman, Dmitry Peskov, also denied, according to the agency RIA Novosti, that anything had been changed in the pre-recorded address.

Putin (71) thanked the soldiers on duty. They are at the front in the fight “for truth and justice.” For the new year, he wished the families in Russia all the best. “We are a country, a big family,” said Putin. “We ensure the self-confident development of our country, the well-being of our citizens; we will become even stronger.”

ZDF team injuried during Russian assault on hotel

Sunday, December 31, 1:13 p.m.: A ZDF team was hit during a Russian missile attack on a hotel in the eastern Ukrainian city of Kharkiv on Saturday. The seven-member team, including ZDF reporter Alica Jung, was in the Kharkiv Palace Hotel at the time of the shelling when the missile hit the building. The Ukrainian interpreter was injured by debris and is in serious condition, while a security guard was also injured. The Kharkiv Palace is a hotel mainly used by journalists because it has a bunker.

ZDF Editor-in-Chief Bettina Schausten: “This is another attack by Russia on the free press.”

Wir hoffen, dass unsere verletzten Kollegen rasch genesen. Das ZDF wird weiterhin über den Krieg gegen die ukrainische Zivilbevölkerung berichten.“

Die ZDF-Journalistin Alica Jung äußerte: „Es zeigt sich, dass in der Ukraine kein sicherer Ort mehr existiert.“

Das ZDF hat seit fast zwei Jahren ununterbrochen über den russischen Angriffskrieg in der Ukraine berichtet. Vorher waren auch Unterkünfte, in denen Journalisten und Mitarbeiter von Nichtregierungsorganisationen übernachteten, von russischen Angriffen betroffen.

Nach russischen Angriffen auf Charkiw: Mindestens 16 Verletzte

20.27 Uhr: Durch russische Raketenangriffe auf die ostukrainische Stadt Charkiw wurden mindestens 16 Personen offiziell als verletzt gemeldet. Bürgermeister Ihor Terechow gab am Samstagabend auf Telegram bekannt, dass unter anderem ein Wohnhaus im Stadtzentrum getroffen wurde. Mehrere Personen wurden in Krankenhäuser gebracht.

Die ukrainische Luftwaffe informierte zudem darüber, dass die russische Armee erneut Kampfdrohnen entsandt hat. Warnungen wurden unter anderem für die Regionen Cherson, Mykolajiw und Dnipropetrowsk herausgegeben.

Russland droht wegen ukrainischer Angriffe auf Belgorod mit „Bestrafung“

17.25 Uhr: Nach ukrainischen Angriffen auf die russische Grenzregion hat das russische Verteidigungsministerium mit „Bestrafung“ gedroht. Der Angriff auf die Stadt Belgorod werde nicht „ungestraft“ bleiben, erklärte das Ministerium am Samstag im Onlinedienst Telegram. Demnach konnten „die meisten“ gegen die Stadt gerichteten Raketen abgefangen werden.

Die russischen Behörden meldeten am Samstag mehrere ukrainische Angriffe auf russische Grenzregionen. Bei dem Angriff auf die russische Stadt Belgorod wurden nach Angaben aus Moskau am Samstag 18 Menschen getötet und 111 weitere verletzt. 

Tote bei größerem Ukrainischer Angriff auf russische Grenzregion Belgorod

16.31 Uhr: Die Behörden der russischen Grenzregion Belgorod haben einen größeren ukrainischen Angriff mit mehreren Toten gemeldet. Durch den Beschuss des Zentrums der gleichnamigen Gebietshauptstadt Belgorod seien 18 Personen, darunter mehrere Kinder, getötet worden, teilte Russlands Zivilschutzbehörde auf Telegram mit. Weitere 111 Personen wurden verletzt. Der Belgoroder Gouverneur Wjatscheslaw Gladkow hatte zuvor von mindestens zwei Toten gesprochen. Die Angaben konnten zunächst nicht unabhängig überprüft werden. Aus Kiew gab es noch keine offizielle Reaktion. 

Unterdessen hat Präsident Wladimir Putin den russischen Gesundheitsminister Michail Muraschko angewiesen, mit einem Team nach Belgorod zu reisen. Das sagte Kremlsprecher Dmitri Peskow vor Journalisten laut Agentur Interfax.

Die Einwohner von Belgorod wurden zwischenzeitlich aufgefordert, sich in Schutzkellern zu verstecken. Es gab auch Beschwerden von Anwohnern, dass mehrere Luftschutzräume offenbar abgesperrt und somit nicht zugänglich waren. 

Auf sozialen Netzwerken kursieren zudem Videos, auf denen zahlreiche Rauchsäulen, brennende Autos und beschädigte Hausfassaden zu sehen sind. In einigen Aufnahmen waren auch Explosionsgeräusche und schreiende Menschen zu hören. Laut Medienberichten handelte es sich um den schwersten Beschuss von Belgorod seit Russland vor knapp zwei Jahren die Ukraine überfallen hatte.

Belgorod liegt in der Grenzregion und ist deshalb immer wieder von den Kampfhandlungen betroffen. Die Schäden und Opferzahlen stehen dabei allerdings in der Regel in keinem Verhältnis zu denen in der von Russland angegriffenen Ukraine. Erst in der Nacht zum vergangenen Freitag hatte Russland das Nachbarland mit dem bisher schwersten Angriff überzogen. Laut offiziellen ukrainischen Angaben wurden dabei mindestens 39 Personen getötet. 

Zahl der Toten in der Ukraine steigt nach großem russischem Angriff weiter

3:24 p.m.: Following the massive Russian attack on Ukraine overnight on Friday, the death toll has continued to rise. Ukrainian President Wolodymyr Selenskyj wrote on Telegram on Saturday afternoon that there have been 39 deaths and 120 injuries registered so far.

Once again, he referred to it as a “terrorist attack” by Russia, which has been waging a brutal offensive war against Ukraine for almost two years now. A total of almost 120 cities and villages have been damaged by the wave of attacks. The cleanup efforts are ongoing, stated the head of state, and he thanked all the rescuers.

Russia targeted its neighboring country with nearly 160 rockets, cruise missiles, and drones of various types in just one night. The attack just before the New Year’s festival was the most severe since the beginning of the conflict.

No Response Yet: Ukraine Struggles to Counter Russian Super Missile

12:06 p.m.: According to Ukraine, Russia also used Ch-22 missiles in the widespread rocket bombardment on Thursday night.

The Ch-22 missile is posing a major problem for Ukraine. It has not been successful in intercepting any of these missiles so far, said Yurii Ihnat, spokesman for the Ukrainian Air Force, on television.

“The Ch-22 missile travels at a speed of four thousand kilometers per hour, usually reaching its target on a ballistic trajectory, requiring special means to intercept it,” Ihnat continued. Due to its high speed, it is particularly difficult to intercept. It flies three times faster than the Kalibr missiles, which Russia also uses.

A Patriot air defence system is capable of intercepting Ch-22 missiles, but Ukraine does not have enough of them. Moreover, the sheer volume of rockets and drones Russia used in yesterday’s attacks makes intercepting all projectiles particularly challenging.

mmo, al, ja, til, pip, shu, ter, daz, fil, sca, wop, lro, juw/with agency material

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -
Google search engine

Most Popular

Recent Comments